Modern Canopy Bed Ideas and Buying Tips
Some people love having a canopy bed in their bedroom, some don’t. This kind of bed is also called four-poster bed and usually has tall posts at their corners. These posts are to support covers made from net or other materials. Canopy beds are to provide warmth and protection from insects especially for people living in humid areas like South America. Some don’t use net or other material covers for their canopy bed and let the canopy just like that, especially if the canopy is intricate and stylish. In the past, the canopy beds usually looked glamorous and artistic with materials, covers, and styles. Modern Canopy bed has two categories: traditional and contemporary. If you are thinking to have one, you will have to know more about modern canopy beds. Knowing parts of this modern kind of beds is a must.
Parts of Canopy Bed:
· Bed Frames that come different in sizes and shapes.
· Bed Posts which are the head and the foot of bed that support the canopy. These are the parts that make the bed different from other kinds.
· Some canopy beds have crowns that are located on the top the canopy.
· Finials that are used to hold a canopy usually have decorative bedpost-ends.
When you want to buy one, other things to consider are:
· Size. Make sure you know the size of the room and the bed. Keep it in your mind that canopy beds have width and height.
· Canopy beds will give esthetic value to bedrooms so make sure you know what you want. Ask yourself, do you want a traditional one or a modern one?
· Know the place where this kind of bed available. The shops may be online and offline. Make sure you know what you want by finding ideas from the shops’ websites, or you can visit the offline shops to choose the one that you like most.
Here are other ideas that you can consider when you are still confused after browsing to websites and offline shops:
Ideas of modern canopy beds:
· Consider a contemporary queen-size canopy bed with grey upholstered headboard and iron-canopy painted black.
· Consider a contemporary iron-canopy bed painted gold with black leather upholstered headboard.
· Consider a metal canopy bed with cream reupholstered headboard and footboard.
· Consider a modern traditional metal canopy bed painted pink with intricate headboard and footboard.
· Considered a king size Victorian brown-color wood canopy bed with wood crown and intricate posts with artistic upholstered headboard and footboard.
What do you think? Now, you have made up your mind to buy the best one for you? It is hoped that you inspired enough by this article about modern canopy bed.